OpenROV Modifications

Since our team received OpenROV #1 (Bucket) the team has struggled with the issues of it being constructed with the wrong adhesives, we decided for safety sake that we would no longer deploy it until we rebuilt the e-capsule caps. OpenROV kindly sent of replacements, and we decided to construct a rugged and easily repairable body from PVC.

Our team leader, Paul, designed the new body, and also designed a set of thruster mounts which insert tightly into the PVC connectors, and then are bolted in. We are also making a “track” system using shore lines to do subtidal into intertidal transects.

20150102_185356 20150102_185406

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s